(Senior) Scientist Immunology (m/f/d) bei AiCuris Anti-infective Cures AG in 42.103 Wuppertal
The Powerhouse for Anti-infectives т Committed to making the difference
AiCuris is a pharmaceutical company specializing in the discovery, research and development of novel, resistance-breaking antiviral and antibacterial agents for the treatment of serious and potentially life-threatening infectious diseases. Founded in 2006 as a spin-out from Bayer Infection Research, AiCuris today manages an innovative pipeline of anti-infective agents with a team of internationally recognized scientists in Research and Development. We are one of the few European biotech companies that have brought a drug with тblockbusterт potential to the market (Prevymis® 2017/18).
Ready to fight against infectious diseases? Join our team!
(Senior) Scientist Immunology (m/f/d)
in full time / reporting to the Head of Research
Supported by an established team of experienced industry and technical experts from multiple disciplines, your role will be to conduct translational research to characterize novel treatment options targeting viruses such as hepatitis B virus (HBV) via immunomodulatory pathways. The role entails taking responsibility as project champion in mode of action studies from initiation of the program to preclinical and clinical development, conducted either in-house or with external collaboration partners. Furthermore, you will act as immunology expert (m/f/d) in respective research and development project teams.
- Provide translational immunology expertise (both strategic and operational) to support AiCuris’s antiviral research and development programs
- Conduct mode of action studies to characterize immunomodulators in a timely, scientifically sound and business-oriented manner in close collaboration with other disciplines as well as with external partners and CROs
- Act as immunology expert representing nonclinical pharmacology in internal research and development project teams
- Coordinate scientific projects and manage tasks and timelines
- Provide expert input to clinical research and business development
- Present research data internally and at scientific conferences
- Assess the competitor landscape and evaluate potential in-licensing products
Skills and qualifications
- PhD in immunology, virology, molecular biology, human biology, biochemistry or related fields
- 2+ years of experience in research in a major pharma or biotech company or respective academic environment is mandatory
- Deep knowledge of immunology; experience with therapeutic/translational options and intervention, e.g., leading to functional cure of HBV infection in chronic hepatitis B patients is required
- Good experimental knowledge of a broad range of immunology and virology methodologies covering assays to address both innate and adaptive immune response; experience with respective in vivo infection models is a plus
- Scientific experience in designing, conducting and/or supervising experiments; experience in preparing scientific reports
- Experience in clinical HBV virology or other viruses is advantageous
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to efficiently evaluate, to prioritize and to handle multiple project tasks strategically
- Excellent English (oral and written); German language skills would be an advantage
- Because of the nature of the work, HBV vaccination is required
What we can offer
- Cooperation in multinational and interdisciplinary teams
- An exciting field of activity in a promising research and development company
- Flexible working hours and self-determined time management
- Flexible combination of on-site work and mobile working
- Regular and targeted further training, and individual development opportunities
- Attractive remuneration and company pension scheme
- A wide range of offers in terms of health and reconciling work and family life
How to apply
Interested in joining our team?
AiCuris Anti-infective Cures AG
Then apply online (click here).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at +49 (0)202 317 63 – 0.
Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 475 / Build. 302
42117 Wuppertal, Germany