Scrap Market Analyst (m/f/d) bei Hydro Aluminium Deutschland GmbH in 41.539 Dormagen, Belgien, Norwegen
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium, energy, metal recycling, batteries and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence. We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our People matter the most to make the difference.
We are active along the whole Aluminium value chain and recycling is a priority growth area for Hydro. Building a circular economy with recycling is a key contributor for a more sustainable society and a responsible greener future.
Hydroтs Recycling Centre of Excellence has been established as governance and supporting body for all recycling related activities in Hydro.
The mandate of the Recycling CoE is to act as process owner for recycling processes and systems, define common key performance indicators, drive development and optimization of our recycling portfolio and provide technical and operational support to Business Areas.
To strengthen our resources and competences we are looking to hire a market analyst that can support in building our strategic position in scrap procurement and recycling.
You like to create and want to be part of our exciting journey? We are currently looking for an
Scrap Market Analyst (m/f/d)
Responsibilities and tasks
- Mapping and analysis of global and regional aluminium scrap market
- Maintain and further develop existing analysis tools
- Monitor policy and legislative changes related to recycling/scrap trading and assess impact on industry
- Monitor competitor landscape
- Participate in scrap market related conferences and events internally and externally
- Prepare and present analysis results to internal stakeholders including top management and support decision making processes related to recycling
- Participate in recycling related strategic projects both on Business Area and Corporate level
We are looking for someone with strong quantitative and analytical abilities, who will contribute to the team with eagerness and curiosity. The ability to research and validate information is essential for this position, as well as being comfortable in translating from analysis to strategic implications
- Masterтs degree, preferably in economics and/or finance
- Min. 3-5 years of relevant work experience (market/industry analysis, strategy, other similar)
- Strong analytical skills with proven abilities to research and validate information and sources
- Ability to work independently towards a common goal with frequent interaction towards other internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled user in Microsoft Office package, primarily PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent English proficiency, other language skills considered an advantage (German, French, Norwegian, Spanish,тІ.)
- Good communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- In this position, you will get exposure to and insight into several parts of the Hydro business.
- You will collaborate closely with other market analyst environments in Hydro to assess and strategically develop Hydroтs position in the aluminium value chain in total and recycling in particular.
- You will be offered an extensive training period to familiarize with the recycling market and related activities in Hydro.
- You will work as a member of a broad international network that will help you grow in your role and responsibilities.
- You will report to Head of Scrap Procurement Recycling CoE
- Frequent international travel will be required.
Applications from severely disabled persons and persons with equal disabilities will be considered if they are equally qualified.
Please apply online in ONE with your CV and optionally a covering letter.